Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Where I am working... Sitka National Historical Park

I absolutely loved Mt. Rainier National Park in Washington last summer through my experiences, the people, the workplace, and the scenery, I wanted a different experience in a National Park. As for myself and being a teacher, I'm a lifelong learner. This summer, I wanted to have new experience, travel to a new place, and learn more about the National Parks to share with my students.

Why Sitka National Historical Park?
I explored many opportunities throughout the entire country... AND Sitka National Historical Park wanted me to help volunteer this summer. I am living on Barnoaf Island in Sitka, ALASKA! We call y'all the "lower 48"... What an experience and a world of change!

Park Entrance Sign

What will I be accomplishing here while working at Sitka National Historical Park?
I am creating 12 story hour programs for preschool age children with a theme, a story, activity/game/song, snack, craft, and a take home activity. I will also be volunteering at the Visitors Center and Russian Bishops house by helping guests. I will get to "Rove" which means to hike the trails to assist any guests. At the end of my volunteer time, I will write a blog about my experience to be posted on the Sitka's National Historical Park website.

Totem Pole at the park


No comments:

Post a Comment