Sunday, July 12, 2015

Ranger LB or Miss Barnhardt here again... 


I loved working last summer for the National Park Service, so here I am again. The picture below is me leaving from the Charlotte airport with one large suitcase and a heavy backpack!



Hello from ALASKA! I'm living in Sitka, Alaska for 5 weeks working at Sitka National Historical Park. Sitka is located in Southeast Alaska, the first and oldest (10,000 years) city in Alaska! Sitka is located on Baranof Island which is the 10th largest island in the United States and is only accessible by boat or plane. It is four hours time difference from back home in North Carolina. I'm living in the Tongass Rainforest surrounded by enormous mountains and the Sitka Sound. The beautiful landscape is full of Bald Eagles, Ravens, banana slugs, salmon, bears (1 per square mile), and noisy squirrels. Stay tuned to learn more about my experience! 




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Have a great 5 weeks and stay away from bears! :-)

    ReplyDelete