Thursday, May 8, 2014

After many emails, thoughts that no one would hire me, and lots of research... I received an email from Mt. Rainier National Park. They wanted to talk to me about becoming a teacher ranger. They set up a time to talk to me on Tuesday, April 29th at 6:00, which was 3:00 Pacific Coast Time. I was so excited, but nervous! 

6:00 came and the phone rang on the dot. I jumped out of my seat, sat back down and answered the phone. We talked about basic information about the park, what's expected for being a teacher ranger, and my interests in the park. 40 minutes later, she asked, "well do you want to come spend your summer here? OR do you need a little time to think?" 

I WOULD LOVE TO COME TO MOUNT RAINIER THIS SUMMER! (As I ran around my house--- SO EXCITED!)


She proceeded to tell me more detailed information. I just received my welcome aboard packet. YES, I'm driving 41 hours in my car!

1 comment: